Benefits of a Trusted Trader scheme
Trusted Trader schemes protect consumers
- Doorstep trading, crime, scammers and fraudsters are a problem across the country.
- Consumers are told to ask for recommendations from friends or family, or check their local council website to see if there is a source of reputable tradespeople.
- With so many trader schemes of varying quality, consumers are left feeling confused or wary.
How do residents find reputable tradespeople in your area?
- Trusted Trader schemes proide a user friendly search facility for vetted members.
- Our schemes include a UK call centre to assist vulnerable and non internet users find a vetted business.
Trusted Trader members are fully vetted and monitored
Members must conform to a standard Code of Practice in use by all schemes, such as:
- meeting the Trusted Trader scheme commitment to fair and honest trading
- not engaging in high pressure selling, cold calling or doorstep selling
- complying with all relevant consumer protection law
- ensuring all consumer enquires are responded to in a professional manner
- not take advantage of vulnerable consumers, offering additional assistance if possible
- abide by the Trusted Trader complaints process including potential escalation to the schemes Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider, managed by Kent County Council
Trusted Trader helps the local economy
- Local small businesses that become vetted traders gain increased credibility.
- Members generate more work which can lead to businesses taking on more staff.
- Available vetted businesses reduces the impact and effectiveness of rogue trading.
- We measure the value a scheme brings to a local economy, useful for budgetary justifications.
Setting up or migrating a scheme is straightforward
- We have done this numerous times, we have overcome most obstacles and objections.
- There is minimal resource impact on Trading Standards.
- Schemes are funded by membership fees with cost recovery for Trading Standards resource.
Next Steps - learn more or get in touch
Follow the links below to learn more, see case studies or view promotional videos.
About Us | Norfolk | Edinburgh | Renfrewshire | East Lothian | Angus | Fife | Scheme Videos
If you would like more information, or would like to discuss the possibility of setting up or migrating a Trusted Trader scheme, please email Steve Richardson, Managing Director of Trusted Directory Services (TDS). He will be able to answer any questions, arrange a meeting or demonstration via teams or in person.
Alternatively you can telephone Steve Richardson on 01789 614 037.