Norfolk Trusted Trader is a trading name operated under licence from Norfolk County Council by Trusted Directory Services Ltd (TDS).
- Any cookies used by TDS are 100% anonymous and do not collect any personal information or information that can be used to identify an individual. We utilise first party cookies (originating from us, such as session IDs) and third party cookies (originating from partners such as Google and Facebook).
- If you would like more information about third party cookies and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, then please visit this Google link.
- If you want to opt out of Google Analytics tracking, then you can install a browser add-on which will block any Google Analytic traffic from any website: Google Analytics opt-out.
- We are unable to offer a cookie-free version of our website, as this will affect the functionality and experience of your visit. If you do not want to receive any cookies, then the only option we can offer is not to use our website. To remove any cookies we may have already placed, empty the cookie cache on your browser by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete simultaneously and following the instructions. If this does not work, please consult your browser's help file.
- TDS and Norfolk County Council Trusted Trader are what is known as the ‘Joint Controllers’ of the personal data you provide to us.
- For those signing up as a Norfolk Trusted Trader member, we will collect certain data about you including name, address, email, business information and other contact details. This information will be used by TDS and Trading Standards in order to carry out the vetting of an applicant Norfolk Trusted Trader. The full breakdown of the vetting activities can be seen here: Scheme Vetting Process
- Norfolk Trusted Trader applicants and members will receive email communications in order for the normal operation of their membership. This may include but is not limited to system emails such as password resets, consumer enquiries via trader contact forms and communications from TDS or Trading Standards in relation to their scheme membership.
- Anybody leaving a review for a Norfolk Trusted Trader, we will capture your name and telephone number to allow moderation and review verification. Except for your name which you can choose to hide or disclose, no personal details will be published or passed to any third party without your express permission. Published review content may be republished by the reviewed trader or other official sources as agreed by TDS.
- For any other means of contact by either online, telephone or hardcopy, we may capture name, telephone number and email address to enable us to deal with the enquiry or problem.
- Children under 13 years of age are required to have permission from their parent or legal guardian before disclosing any information on this website.
- All the personal data we process is processed by us in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. We will not share or sell your data to any third party.
- We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
- We will keep your personal data (name, address, contact details etc) whilst we are operating our business until we cease trading or until you advise us that you no longer consent to us keeping your data.
- If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted, save in circumstances where we have a legal obligation or justification to retain data. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) - ico.org.uk
- The Data Protection Officer for TDS is Steve Richardson who can be contacted on 0333 444 2198 or at email@example.com. The TDS data protection registration number is ZA081479.
- The Data Protection Officer for Norfolk County Council Trusted Trader can be contacted by letter to DPO, Norfolk County Council, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich NR1 2DH or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.