The Norfolk Trusted Trader scheme
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards launched Norfolk Trusted Trader in 2009.
The scheme was created to give the residents a safe way to access traders and services avoiding the rogue traders which sadly can exploit the vulnerable within our communities.
It also aims to support quality local businesses in Norfolk by offering them the opportunity to show that they have achieved the required standard to attain membership of the only approved trader scheme from Norfolk County Council.
All members must pass a range of checks during the application process and agree to abide by a code of conduct including:
- trading fairly, honestly and having appropriate insurances
- clear pricing and providing all required documentation for work undertaken
- ensuring all employees and sub-contractors are appropriately trained
- members will not seek work by cold calling
- fully participate with the scheme’s complaints process should an issue arise between customer and trader.
The elements of the Norfolk Trusted Trader schemeNorfolk Trusted Trader is made up of Norfolk County Council, Norfolk County Council Trading Standards Service and Trusted Directory Services (TDS).
Norfolk Trusted Trader is managed by Norfolk Trading Standards on behalf of Norfolk County Council. The scheme is delivered in partnership with TDS, who are responsible for scheme administration, customer service, dispute resolution process and website development.