New website launched for Norfolk Trusted TraderNews: Thursday 08 December 2022
Norfolk Trusted Trader, the only approved trader scheme from Norfolk County Council, has launched a new and improved website that provides an easy and accessible experience to both consumers and Trusted Trader members. This has been delivered by Trusted Directory Services Ltd (TDS), an experienced Local Authority Trusted Trader provider, who work with Councils across the UK.
TDS will be working with Norfolk Trading Standards, assisting with scheme administration, customer service and helping with dispute resolution.
"Using a Norfolk Trusted Trader gives consumers peace of mind"
Already well known for trusted home improvements traders, the Norfolk Trusted Trader scheme boasts many members in other sectors such as computer services, car and van sales, cleaners to meals on wheels.
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards originally launched Norfolk Trusted Trader in 2009, and in that time has become an important resource in the fight against doorstep crime and providing Norfolk residents with a list of Trading Standards vetted businesses.
The new website will provide many new opportunities to both consumers and scheme members, such as:
- A dedicated 24/7 support line for consumers needing help to find a local Trusted Trader
- A dedicated support team to provide help and assistance to members
- The ability for consumers to leave reviews directly on the site, including images of work done
- Businesses will be able to upload photos and videos of work to boost their profile page
- A self service control panel for members, allowing a wide range of functionality, from requesting review forms, vehicle stickers to downloading scheme logos
- Free access to an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme provided by Kent Trading Standards.
Cllr Margaret DewsburyCabinet member for communities and partnerships, said:
“We are always looking for new ways to improve our Trusted Trader offering. This new contract brings with it many additional features, such as online reviews, which help boost confidence in the businesses on the site.
The scheme has been running for over 12 years and has helped many consumers have more confidence in a variety of traders. They can rest assured that all the businesses on the site have been rigorously vetted so you can choose with confidence to avoid rogue traders.”
Consumers and current members of the scheme don’t need to do anything, and if you’d like to join the Norfolk Trusted Trader scheme, please visit the application page. Traders who join the scheme before the end of February 2023 will enjoy 50% off their first year of membership.
If you would like to find a Norfolk Trusted Trader, then visit the home page and enter the type of business you are looking for.