The Suffolk Trusted Trader scheme
The scheme has been created to give residents a safe way to access businesses and services, whilst helping avoiding rogue traders which sadly can exploit the vulnerable within our communities.
It also aims to support quality local businesses in Suffolk by offering them the opportunity to show that they have achieved the required standard to attain membership of the only approved trader scheme from Suffolk County Council.
All members must pass a range of checks during the application process and agree to abide by a code of conduct including:
- trading fairly, honestly and having appropriate insurances
- clear pricing and providing all required documentation for work undertaken
- ensuring all employees and sub-contractors are appropriately trained
- members will not seek work by cold calling
- fully participate with the scheme’s complaints process should an issue arise between customer and trader.
The elements of the Suffolk Trusted Trader schemeSuffolk Trusted Trader is made up of Suffolk County Council, Suffolk County Council Trading Standards Service and Trusted Directory Services (TDS).
Suffolk Trusted Trader is managed by Suffolk Trading Standards on behalf of Suffolk County Council. The scheme is delivered in partnership with TDS, who are responsible for scheme administration, customer service, dispute resolution process and website development.